Debbie M. Wuerl, RN, BSN, LNC
Debbie Wuerl is a Registered Nurse who earned her Associates Degree in Nursing from Milwaukee Area Technical College in December of 1982. She returned to school, earning her Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from Cardinal Stritch University in December 2001.
She became a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant and opened the firm after taking the course through the Vickie Milazzo Institute in September 2005.
Debbie spent her entire career in Geriatric Nursing and developed excellent assessment skills while working in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Rehabilitation, Home Health Care, and in Hospice. Later she worked as Insurance Case Management in both the private and public sector, coordinating care between the patient and all of their providers.
Debbie is well versed in the Wisconsin Administrative Code and Federal Guidelines for both Long Term Care and in Home Health Care. Her reputation is strong throughout the area and she often mentors other nurses on Geriatric issues both clinically and as a LNC.
Two months after becoming the Administrator and Director of Nursing for MidAmerica Corporation of Wisconsin, the company obtained its permanent license and became dually certified from Medicare and Medicaid. MidAmerica remains one of the busiest Home Health Agencies in Southeast Wisconsin.
Debbie’s goal is to become the premier LNC firm in the Midwest that focuses on Senior health issues and Long Term Care.
She does this through:
- Providing regular progress reports to the attorney beginning when she starts to work on a case till its completion.
- Being available by phone to answer questions when you have them related to your case.
- Providing Nursing information you can use in your business.
- Teaching brown bag sessions on chronic illnesses commonly seen in the elderly population. Some of the topics include:
- Fall Risk,
- Common medications and over medication in the elderly,
- Congestive Heart Failure and Hypertension,
- Hydration and Malnutrition,
- and more
Schedule a class for your legal team today!
Nurses Light the Way
Content copyright 2018. wuerllegalnurse.com. All rights reserved.